Hudson Contractors – Your Best Choice For Window Installation
Today, when it comes to windows, there are plenty of choices on the market today. From the classic double-hung windows to transom windows that offer a decorative accent to your home, each window provides a different advantage to your home. And while each one is unique, your windows as a whole can be designed to work with your home to produce an effect that is both aesthetically pleasing and energy efficient at the same time.
If you are considering replacing your windows, please feel free to give us a call at Hudson Contractor. We have years of experience making sure our customers windows in the New York area fully satisfied with their window buying experience. And since we want you to be truly informed, here’s a look at a few of our most popular window options and why they may be a great choice for you.
A Window Type for Every Need or Style
There are literally dozens of different styles of windows on the market today, each with with own advantages and disadvantages. While we won’t be covering all of them here, these are some of the most popular in the New York area.
- Double Hung Windows – These windows, along with their single hung cousins are the classic rectangular windows that open either from the top or bottom. They provide a great classic look to a home, are fairly easy to install, and can easily be decorated. They usually cost between $100 and $700 to install for each window, and they aren’t as airtight as other options. Also, they do have slightly limited ventilation.
- Arched Windows – These windows have a rounded top, and can add an elegant architectural element to any home. They allow plenty of light into the room, but unfortunately usually can’t be opened to allow fresh air in.
- Bay Windows – These windows are a fantastic choice for a nice breakfast or reading nook, but they can be difficult to install, and do require the services of a housing contractor like Hudson Contractors. They are also a bit more pricey, costing on average between $1,000 and $1,200 to install.
- Casement Windows – These windows are hinged at the sides, and usually open like a door. They are made of solid glass and offer a better view overall than most other choices. Their also a bit more economically feasible for most homeowners. However, you can’t put a room air conditioner in them, and they don’t take screens very well.
- Egress Windows – These windows are primarily designed for safety. They provide a safe escape route from a room in case of an emergency situation such as a fire. They are a bit pricey, and must meet specific design requirements to be effective.
- Picture Windows – These windows are a wonderful choice if the view from your home is spectacular. They can’t be opened due to their size and construction, but offer some of the best, and most breathtaking views in the market today.
Qualities of a Great Window
No matter which type of window you choose, there are some basic characteristics that you should make sure your window possesses. With Hudson Contractors this step is easy, since we use only the highest quality windows from the best manufacturers. Our windows are designed to work well and last through the harsh New York weather to give you and your home years of comfort and use. Here are a few of our must have qualities for windows:
- Help to Keep the Cold Out, and the Warmth In – The main function of a window is to keep the weather outside, and the warmth of your home inside. Today quality windows do just that through a combination of insulation, multiple panes, and great sealing.
- Security – Like it or not, windows are a way for some unwanted person to enter your home. That’s why having a window that is secure and difficult to open from the outside is so important.
- Let The Sunshine In – A quality window should always let in just the amount of natural light that you want for the room. After all, that’s what can truly light up a room!
No matter what type of window you choose, or even how many you’re thinking of replacing, be sure to give us a call. We have a great team of experienced window installers that use the very best in materials and equipment to make sure you’re satisfied. We are also able to deliver an unmatched services on roofing, siding, flooring, painting , stone works as well as bathroom remodeling projects on your home. We’d be happy to discuss the options with you.